Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Maybe a bit of a boring post

It turned out to be a lovely day after a bad start.

Went to visit my cousin, Carol, and we had a lovely long natter about the family. Carol's actually my mum's first cousin so I guess that makes her my second cousin maybe? We were reminiscing about her dad, Uncle Bun (really Hobart so I don't know where Bun came from), and his love of parties, drinking and singing. We are both grateful for the happy extended family that we are part of. Uncle Bun was a very good artist and Uncle had owned a number of paintings by him so I returned them to Carol.

Then this afternoon I went for a lovely walk with Nuora and GrandSon4 over Mumbles Hill and around the cliffs. On the way back we tried to find a geocache - YS and Nuora have taken to geocaching recently - but failed. George enjoyed the paddle in the sea though. He'd better make the most of it: after April, he'll be banned from many beaches again until October.
Gorse and hawthorn side by side on the cliff top.
I know you don't really want to hear about my fairly boring days and I do have a long list of more interesting topics to cover - when I have time to give them proper attention. Topics including: my grandfather's medals and other things I didn't know about him; ladybirds and why; and the woman who didn't like me.

But for now it's almost time to go to Zac's. The Sweet Sorrows are appearing tonight so that should be good. And, incidentally my latest article is now out in The Bay magazine. You can read it here if you feel so inclined.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Talking about cousins got me calling mine to see how she was doing. We had a nice chat for about an hour.
The flowers blooming in Mumbles Hill are a pleasant sight for the eyes!
Glad to hear that George got in a dip. I imagine he liked that!

Katney said...

Your boring days are delightful.

Liz Hinds said...

Cousins know how to talk, SJ!

They are, Katney, for me at least!