Tuesday, October 25, 2016

NaNoWriMo16

Excuse the splurge of output. I've been too tied up to blog - and I miss it. And it's nearly November and we all know what that means.

No, I'm not going to grow a moustache (Movember). It's time for NaNoWriMo again. BUT I am NOT going to attempt to write 50,000 words of a novel in 30 days this year. I've done it before and it's ridiculous. Completely the wrong month of the year to do it. January or February would be much better. November is just too busy in its own right let alone all the birthdays and Christmas prep that needs doing. Maybe they think all aspiring novelists live on their own in garrets. Or are prepared to get up at dawn to put in their word count before the start of their working day. Fat chance.

But I am going to resolve to write on my blog each day in November. I'm hoping that will get me back into the swing of writing, thinking, composing, dreaming again.

Going to cuddle a baby now.

1 comment:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Quite right , first things first .