Tuesday, June 17, 2014

And then for something completely different

Friday evening Husband and I went to Slice courtesy of the voucher I was given by Linden on my retirement.

It had been closed down and taken over since our last visit there so I was a little wary as to whether it would live up to the previous high standard - but I'm pleased to say it did.

Our amuse bouche was a teacup of celeriac and apple soup, smooth, creamy and delicious. For starters Husband had a duck scotch egg on watercress purée and I had seared sewin.

For main Husband had lamb with ... um, I can't remember, and I had skate. Now this didn't look as I expected.
I think they must have taken the flesh off the 'bones' before roasting. I should have asked but it was yummy. We don't eat skate much at home because Husband isn't keen on it but I'm sure he'd like it more if I could cook it like this.

Then for pudding it was chocolate cheesecake and caramel ice cream for him and arctic roll and strawberry salad for me.
(Husband was keen to tuck in.)

I'm not very good at reviews but suffice to say that everything was delicious, service was wonderful - relaxed but not too slow - and that I'll look forward to my next visit. We still owe my uncle a birthday meal (from last December ...)


No comments: