Saturday, December 22, 2012

Desire costs

I decided to treat myself to a good quality pepper mill and, as they seem to come in pairs, a salt mill too. I was going to put it on my Christmas wish list but left it a bit late so when I saw some on special offer in Debenhams I didn't hesitate. 

Well, actually, I did. I went home, told Husband and asked if he wanted to buy them for me for Christmas and he said, 'Why didn't you just buy them?' So I went back the next day ... and they'd gone up by £5!

I'm almost embarrassed - but not completely obviously as I wouldn't be telling you if I were - to say that, even with the special offer, they cost £30.

My granny would turn in her grave..

I hadn't realised at the time that they were electronic; I just wanted some with a really good long-lasting mill action. And - wait for it - they each use 6 batteries! I can see I'm going to keep paying for my desire.


1 comment:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

But just think how stylish you'll be !
( And , actually , I'd have given my eyeteeth for one of these when I broke my wrist last year )