Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas wrapping

I left Husband to wrap some Christmas presents while I baked. Don't worry, that's not as foolish as it sounds: I wrote the labels and placed each one on the right gift, gave him the paper, scissors and sellotape and left him to it.

That is, I gave him all the labels except two. But - and I was impressed - he used his initiative and put those presents in gift bags. And it would have been even more impressive if one of the bags hadn't had a label stuck to the outside saying, 'To Liz from uncle John.'

We have a day trip planned for tomorrow: to Derby, a nice 8 hour or so round journey, to see the sisters-in-law. I know I won't be able to compete in fashion style or wrapping But I'm not going to worry. Too much.

5 comments:

Katney said...

Mine generally does okay with the labels, it is the wrapping that is the disaster.

nick said...

As long as the pipe cleaners aren't going to little Rebecca and the Barbie doll to Uncle Harry.

Gledwood said...

O Liz what am I going to do, I said I'd do Christmas with a bunch of schizos at the mental halfway house my friend lives at... and I DON'T EVEN DRINK ALCOHOL NOW... how will I possibly survive? I think I'll hit the Warninks and lemonade just for one day... regards to George xx

Rose said...

You mean men CAN wrap presents??

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Well done, hubby - well, almost!