Saturday, November 10, 2012

Off to the badlands

Heading up to cowboy country this evening for a Zac's Place fund-raiser kindly hosted by the Tregib Arms. So we go through Clydach, turn left at Pontardawe, through Cwmgors until we reach Gwaun-cae-gurwen where we take the right to Upper Brynamman. 

If we reach Cwmllynfell we're in trouble. Just read what Gareth Jones wrote about Cwmllynfell in the Western Mail in 1933:
It was here that I was for the first time in my life taken prisoner by bandits and ransomed.  They were Welsh bandits, varying in age from seven to thirteen years, who seized me and took me to their tent.  I have no complaints to make about my treatment by these outlaws and they speedily released me from my captivity when a supply of chocolate was forthcoming as ransom.

1 comment:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I've heard that pemmican is excellent , too .
Good luck!