Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Naughty George!

He escaped this morning.


First time for ages but fortunately he must have made a beeline for his new best friend who gave him a bowl of food while phoning us. 'I've never seen a dog eat like him,' he said.
At least we'll know where to go first to look for him in future.


He got out through the back gate, which had been opened during the night. We're guessing someone was hoping to get into the garage and look for stealables. Unfortunately for the thief our garage is so securely locked I struggle to get in and I have keys.


The greenhouse door had been opened though making Husband panic. 'It's all right,' he reported back. 'They haven't taken my lime plant.'
It's his pride and joy.



7 comments:

Furtheron said...

Yep Lime Plants - all the rage with the burglar community I hear :-)

NitWit1 said...

We have locks on our gates mainly because every dog I've had learned how to lift the latch with nose and go for an unsupervised walk.

Rose said...

I'm sure George was so hungry after chasing away that sneaky burglar. Otherwise, I'm sure that lime plant would be long gone:)

jams o donnell said...

Why do the two words "naughty" and "George" go so well together!

Jay at The Depp Effect said...

Lime plant? They left the lime plant? Good grief, what kind of burglars do you have round your way? LOL!

Poor George... clearly you don't feed him. Maybe it was George who broke into your greenhouse, looking for limes?

BTW, we have a garage much like yours. I can't even open the front roller anymore!

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh yes - burglars! Bring them round - Elsie would eat them alive! lol!

Liz Hinds said...

Husband has his priorities, furtheron!

Dogs are so clever, nitwit!

I'd like to think that, rose, but he slept through it!

They do, don't they, jams?!

Obviously not middle class burglars, jay!

We need an elsie, mrs n.