Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hakuna matata

My enjoyment of the bible study at Zac's last night was marred by the almost continual stream of foul-smelling farts being produced by the person sitting next to me.


It seemed rude to move so I tried discreetly to waft the odour away with a makeshift fan but all that happened was that Steve, who was leading it, thought I was hot and turned down the heating.


That aside, the study was good, looking at the feeding of the 5,000, with an alternative explanation (to a simple miracle) thrown in for thought i.e. that Jesus - and the little boy who offered the 5 loaves and 2 fishes - set in motion a process of sharing food that continues in the church today. 


P.S. I've just remembered that, later in the evening, I slapped Steve across the back of the head but I can't recall why. I think it was something he said about women and multi-tasking but I can't multi-task so it must have been some other inference.

2 comments:

Katney said...

I've heard that interpretation, and don't hold with it. But still, even that changing of greedy hearts to generous hearts could be considered a miracle.

Liz Hinds said...

I agree, katney.