Friday, March 18, 2011

On our hols

We're going to Crickhowell for our holiday. 'Where?' I hear you ask. Good question. I had to google it myself to find out too.

Daughter, Son-in-law and GrandDaughter are in a cottage there for a week and they invited us to join them. Crickhowell is on the edge of the Brecon Beacons national park and is close to the old market town of Brecon and to Hay-on-Wye, town of books.

We're planning on doing a bit of walking, a bit of browsing and lots of relaxing, reading and most of all playing with GrandDaughter. (And a good pub has already been recommended to me.)

But we're not going until Sunday because it's Super Saturday, the finale of the Six Nations, which we're staying home to watch on our lovely big television and which, in theory, Wales could still win. Ha ha ha ha hee hee ha ha. But England could do the Grand Slam, which would make Husband a very happy hare.

3 comments:

Leslie: said...

Hi Liz, just caught up with all your latest posts and see that you're living the high life - cooking, singing, swimming, driving with no rearview mirror, etc. Looking at the map here, I immediately noticed Newport, which is where my friend Jane lives, so I can imagine just where you're going for your holiday. Hope you have a grand time and that you have good weather. Schools are on Spring Break here starting after school today (for 2 weeks) so I'm hoping to get a few things done (like clean my office and update my students' records). My break will be mid-May when I take D2 on an Alaska cruise.

Liz Hinds said...

An Alaska cruise will be slightly more exciting I think, leslie! But I'm looking forward to the break, thank you.

CherryPie said...

That is a lovely bit of the world, I am sure you will have fun :-)