Monday, December 13, 2010

What am I doing blogging at this time of the morning when i should be sleeping?

I tend to wake early when I've lots on my mind hence I'm blogging at this ridiculously early hour.

In prison this afternoon for the final rehearsal and preparation for the carol service, which happens this evening and tomorrow. Each night there'll be about 100 in the congregation/audience including the Lord Mayor, important people associated with the local prison service, volunteers and inmates. Most of the five men taking part haven't read in public before and particularly not in front of such a large number. They're not professional actors - one, in his thirties, only learned to read while in prison a couple of years ago -so it's a huge thing they're doing. Especially because the audience will include their peers.

I know they'll be wonderful and I'll be so proud of 'my boys', but say a prayer for them, please, for assurance, loud voices, a good reception. And that they don't rush through the words so that no-one hears what they're reading!

The last two carol services with which I've been involved have been funny; this one is much more from the heart of the men involved. It's poignant and speaks of loss and regret. (I'll post some of the pieces later.) I pray it shouts into the hearts of those who'll be listening.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and 'your boys,' may you find the space to enjoy and savour it, no matter what xx.

James Higham said...

The answer to the question in the title is that you have the disease, Liz.

Leslie: said...

I hope it all went well, Liz. With you as their "leader" I'm sure it did.

Gledwood said...

I thought you'd end up back in prison, elizabeth, you NAUGHTY GIRL!!

Many thanks for your messages at my "difficult time". I never knew a psychotic episode could be so much fun. but it was. Faintly confusing too, it has to be said...

I'm off heroin now somewhere between 10 and 14 days. I would be more specific, if only I were counting the days. Counting days and "one day at a time" seem to me a contradiction. So I'm doing one day at a time and not bothering how much time I put behind me...

Here's wishing you a superior 2011 and a charming festive Tide...

... I hope the performance goes well/went well (terrible with timing, me) ;->...

XXX

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I hope everyone had a marvellous time !

Ole Phat Stu said...

Watch this, Liz babe,
Web 2.0 version of the nativity ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZrf0PbAGSk