Monday, November 15, 2010

Books and films

It's been over three years since Harvey died but, watching Marley and Me at the weekend, we realised how raw it still feels.

The film was more about family life than about Marley, unlike the book, which incorporated far more Marley stories, but I enjoyed it nevertheless - until the last few minutes.

The DVD was a birthday gift from Younger Son and Girlfriend; Husband gave me season 1 of House. I've heard good reviews so I shall look forward to watching that. And hope it doesn't make me cry.

Oh, and I've finished Can't Wait to Get to Heaven by Fannie Flagg. It's a delightful, slightly whimsical and thoroughly feel-good book. I can really recommend it. It's a vanilla cupcake of a book.

3 comments:

Leslie: said...

I couldn't read the end of Marley and Me because I was already crying so much. But later I did enjoy the movie, crying just a bit.

Liz Hinds said...

Cried over the book but thought I might manage the film. silly me!

MaryB said...

I read Marley and Me but couldn't bring myself to see the film. I knew it would tear me up.

Love Fannie Flagg - always good funny Southern-girl fun!