Tuesday, May 25, 2010

One stinky pound

Flushed with my success last week (4lbs and Slimmer of the Week) I really wanted to top it by losing 3lbs this week making half a stone in a fortnight, as advertised on the Rosemary Conley website. Realistically I knew it was more likely to be 2 lbs.

So I was not happy losing 1 stinky pound.

For goodness sake, I've stuck rigidly to the diet. Some days, probably most days, I've consumed fewer calories than they suggest.

To make it worse, Husband has been steadily losing a pound a week and he eats enough for both of us. (I know it's the change of lifestyle for him, going from an office job to spending days working in the garden, but it's still really annoying.)

I blame 3 days sitting in a car doing nothing. Or maybe I'm not eating enough and my metabolism has slowed down because it thinks there's a famine.

Oooh, I am grumpy now.


7 comments:

Katney said...

That famine thing is accurate. We have to fool our bodies about that sometimes. That's why the exercise part is important. And wearing the heavy coat and boots on the first weigh-in and gradually shedding some of that each week.

(I actually weighed my clothes to decide what to wear for weigh-in when I was nearing my goal.)

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Liz, don't get too disheartened... I am sure people always lose more weight on the first week.. and then it evens out.. but this might be incorrect info. So don't quote on this. :-)

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I remember a friend who carefully cut her nails before weigh in .

sally in norfolk said...

as Katney says the famine thing is accurate,when trying to loose weight sometimes not eating enough is as bad as over eating :-(

Furtheron said...

it's a pound and in the right direction...

Let's use some Furtheron logic here....

You lost 4 lb the first week and 1 lb this week... that's 5 lbs in 2 weeks. So I make it you lost 2.5lb this week :-)

See I've done internal corporate accounting for far too long!

Liz Hinds said...

Crafty, katney! I never expected that of you!

Yes, I'm sure you're right, Anne.

Mine are already bitten to the quick, sonata, but it's something to remember!

It's all very confusing, sally!

I like you, furtheron!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Don't be too upset that you only lost one pound Liz...it's better than nothing; and besides losing weight slows down as you go along...unfortunately. I'm always on a diet, so I know the ups and downs it puts you through. I haven't been very good lately, and I really need to get refocused. Just keep the faith...

You know of course that men are notoriously known for losing more weight, and at a faster rate then us women are...POOP! Hugs, Joy