Saturday, April 24, 2010

When only ice cream will do

I'd been craving a Verdi's apple crumble ice cream all afternoon. To be honest, I'd been craving one since Wednesday when I'd had coffee there. (I actually had tea but to say 'I had tea there' sounds odd.)

So after our barbecue dinner last night I suggested a family trip down to the ice cream parlour. It was after 8 by the time we got there but the queue outside was as long as ever: it seemed that everyone had the same craving. I could see one man having apple crumble ice cream and I said, 'There'd better be some left for me.'
His wife, who was standing outside waiting for him, said, 'That's what he said. He came home from Bristol and made me come down straight down here.'

There was some left for me and I had it with another blob of praline pecan ice cream. Oooh yummy.



4 comments:

CherryPie said...

It sounds gorgeous :-)

Leslie: said...

Nothing like an ice cream when you live by the sea and when the weather starts to warm up. You looked absolutely delighted with yours! :D

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Fabulous flavour .... though I still prefer Vanilla ! Mind you , an ice by the water's edge on a lovely evening can't be beaten .

Liz Hinds said...

It was, cherrypie.

And I was, leslie.

No, it can't, sonata.