Friday, April 02, 2010

I got bitten by a dog today

We were just near home, on a narrow path, when an Alsatian tried to get at George. George kept out of his way so, instead, the dog picked on me.

I was terribly British and didn't say, 'Get your ******** dog off my ********* leg!' I just walked on, limping slightly. To be fair I don't think the owner realised her dog had bitten me; on the other hand she can't have failed to see my trousers in her dog's mouth.

Fortunately the bite wasn't severe. My leg is bruised and the skin is just broken but it's nothing to worry about. However if I had been a child ...

7 comments:

CherryPie said...

Maybe you should have just cried out Ouch to make the point. Dog owners need to be responsible for their dogs and as you said it could have been a child...

Anonymous said...

ouch :0(

Puss-in-Boots said...

I'm happy to hear you weren't badly hurt, Liz. However, if the other dog had gone for George and then bitten you, the owner obviously didn't have very good control of her dog. To be quite honest, I can't imagine how she could have failed to have seen you bitten. Sounds like lack of responsibility to me...

nick said...

You should have been rude, the dog-owner should have more control over her dog. Dog-owners here in NI tend to be more responsible and apologise profusely if their dog comes anywhere near me, never mind biting me.

CalumCarr said...

What on earth does "********" mean. I can't imagine.

Liz Hinds said...

I should have, cherrypie.

Indeed, amanda, although it was more shock than pain.

The owner was struggling to keep control of her dog on his lead. I do blame the owner: we take on that responsibility when we get a dog.

I should have, nick. It was a totally unprovoked 'attack'.

Blinking, calum!

Nannie Leick said...

It was so nice of you not to sue the dog owner. Just like what Nick said, the dog owner should have more control over his dog. You should take it seriously if a dog bites you. Even a small scratch needs medical attention.