Saturday, January 02, 2010

The Big Malteser Debate

Monday is B-Day - Begin diet and Begin economising. Now the problem is that I still have two large bags of Maltesers to eat; do I eat them today and tomorrow or do I do as Husband suggests and keep them as treats?

The problems with the latter are two-fold: I find it impossible to have an open bag of Maltesers and not eat them all; and if I know I have Maltesers in the house I will become a twitching caricature of myself.

So I think I'm going to have to eat them ...

We also have our Tower of Treats (truffles, toffees, mince pies and panettone) but they don't hold the same fatal draw for me as Maltesers do.

Ah, well, it's a hard life but someone has to eat them.

11 comments:

CherryPie said...

I really must make a proper effort on my diet this year!

Lia said...

Eat them! eat them! eat them!
Failing that put them on a coach and send them to me in London and I promise to dispatch them humanely.

Diet!!!!what's one of them lol
much love
Lia
xx

jams o donnell said...

Eat them now, now NOW!!!! you know you want to!

jay said...

You're experiencing exactly the same problem as me. I wanted to start the new year with a new eating plan (I refuse to call it a diet) but I have all this wonderful Christmassy stuff left over, like half a slab of Christmas cake!

What's a girl to do?

Suburbia said...

Blog them to me?!!

Leslie: said...

Aw, go for it...eat 'em up. I had my last "hedgehog" last night. *burp*

Carver said...

I think it totally depends on personality. I would HAVE to eat them now but my daughter can have treats spread out. I used to tell her she had to go ahead and eat her holloween candy or I would because she could make it last months. I was a terrible mother in that regard.

Devonshire Dumpling said...

With regards to the great Malteser debate, could I respectfully suggest that you sent a box down to me?

I'll look after them for you.

Could you also add a Chocolate Orange in the parcel? You diet and I will eat your Maltesers - it makes total perfect sense.

Furtheron said...

Yes - Mrs F has suggested a diet but I've got a huge tin of Mingles and a big box of allsorts to get through yet... :-)

Devonshire Dumpling said...

Did I hear someone mention Allsorts? Oh I love Allsorts!

Rose said...

I'm probably too late, darn it, but I'll send you my address and you can mail them to me. I don't mind at all helping you stick to your diet:) Besides, I've never had a Malteser--we don't have these in the U.S.