Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rugby and stuff

I'm not going to talk about yesterday's rugby because I will have to hit something if I do.

Husband was on a boys' day out canoeing and, as the rugby's only on Sky, it meant I either had to go to the pub on my own or not watch it. I dithered for a bit but finally chose to do some gardening accompanied by the radio.

The neighbours must have wondered what was going on with the alternating 'Yay!'s, 'Oh no!'s, and 'Oh crap!'

But I'm not going to talk about it 'cept to say the Welsh had a great game. I've never liked Ronan O'Gara anyway.

* * * * * * * * * *

We were having trouble with t'internet on Friday, coincidentally after the thunder and lightning (very very frightening - except I slept through it) so Husband called out BT. Their little man called Saturday morning at 8.20 and after doing some tests concluded he needed a cherry-picker. 'And cherry-pickers don't work on Saturdays.'

* * * * * * * * *

Sort of related but different, we bought new phones for the house this afternoon, and they're magic! You can call upstairs - or downstairs if you're up - and transfer calls. It'll be dead good when Younger Son is back as he's always hiding the phone in his room.

2 comments:

Furtheron said...

One word... Bugger!

Liz Hinds said...

I've still not seen it properly so don't know whether it was O'Gara or the ref at fault, furtheron, although by then the Lions should have tightened their hold so really it was a team problem.