Thursday, June 25, 2009

Like a child

In church on Sunday Chris and Alun were talking about joy. Alun described a toddler fascinated by a bunch of keys, and suggested that most grown-ups have lost their childlike enthusiasm for the everyday.

We have to walk through a field to get to the river or the tip and it's just been mowed. I imagine the people Alun was talking about would look at it and say, 'About time too.' I look at it and say, 'Yay, piles of cut grass for me to kick!'

If Husband had taken me for a surprise picnic on the cliffs I'd have been so excited I'd have been in danger of falling off the cliffs. But that, as I said, is what marriage is about: tolerance. (Could you hear me saying that through gritted teeth?)

3 comments:

James Higham said...

did he take you for a surprise picnic?

Liz Hinds said...

No! That's the point, james. Do concentrate!

Leslie: said...

Yes, James! Do concentrate! lol

I'm glad to hear that marriage is about tolerance. Although there's not too much I feel the need to tolerate yet, I'm sure it will come. *grin*