Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Keeping everyone happy

Making an apple cake, I managed to remove the peel intact from the apple. I immediately ran to the forest so I could dance naked in the clearing at midnight before throwing the peel over my shoulder to find out the initial of my true love. And what do you know? It turned out to be Husband's initial! (Which is just as well as he had been making threatening noises.)

Of course now George is sulking. 'I thought I was your true love.'
I tried to reassure him. I said, 'You are my doggy love,' but it didn't do any good and he has turned to drink. Or at least turned to eating the cardboard drink carton.

Have you ever seen such a sad face?

4 comments:

Tim Atkinson said...

You do some odd things in Wales...

Anonymous said...

oh apple peel.. for a minute I thought 'tape worm'....

NitWit1 said...

I've never had the compulsion to remove the peel of anything in one piece--maybe I need some new goals!

However, Luckie is with George on feeling snubbed as we say in USA.

Luckie has the false assumption every thing revolves around her, especially food.

Hmmm, maybe it does.........

Rose said...

Poor George--he probably just wanted to go to the forest and dance naked with you:) Sophie had a similar face this weekend after receiving several scoldings: first she ate half the take-out pizza while I was watching the grandchildren. The next day she ate Daughter's fried chicken tenders when she left the room. Can dogs be given Pepto-Bismol??