Sunday, June 07, 2009

Be careful what you wish for

Well, it poured down over the weekend. Our barbecue was cooked in the oven and our trip into Gower was accompanied by the blackest clouds and wettest rain. The only good thing was that it stopped when we reached Rhossili. We got to the end (not onto the Worm itself!) and almost back before the rain started again. We've had plenty of photos of Rhossili before but you can't have too many!I hope our visitors enjoyed the weekend. As usual I overfed everybody - although I was very good and didn't eat any cream sponge. It was decided that the visibility today would probably be low to fly back in so they caught the 9 o'clock train - first class, of course - this morning and I went back to bed and slept for three hours.

But you'd have been proud of me: I sneezed, spluttered and coughed over our visitors all weekend. My nose excelled itself and ran, and won, the marathon three times over. And I'm spoiling myself today. Having done the ironing I'm about to sit down and watch a DVD, probably Juno. I'll be back later to post my Monochrome Maniacs photo and do some visiting but for now, it's time to cwtch and feel sorry for myself again.

7 comments:

NitWit1 said...

Hope your nose ceases marathons.

I'd eat the cream sponge myself. :~)

Luckie has forgiven us for the forced boarding ...till next time in July when I attend a photo workshop.

nick said...

The annoying thing about rain is that visitors from elsewhere always assume the rain is typical and it pours down non-stop all year. You can keep telling them the rain is unusual but they never believe you....

Glad you had a good weekend anyway despite the weather.

Anonymous said...

I think your visitors live near me if so it rains here most of the time!!

hope you feel better soon.

Liz Hinds said...

It seems to be a bit better tonight, thank you, nitwit.

Nick and amanda, my mother-in-law insists that it is always sunny in Derby except when I go there as I take the Swansea rain with me!

Furtheron said...

Oh yes we found the rain and the clouds in Wales this weekend. It was also 10 degrees colder!! It was raining and 8 when we left and 18 and bright sunshine when we got home... :-)

Siani said...

I agree - you can never have too many pics of Rhossili. Must get down there again soon.

Thanks for the message on my blog, Liz. Alas, I didn't get your email. Try sianikattATgmailDOTcom instead - must be a problem with Google Apps, if you were unable to contact the other address. Once again - many thanks in advance.

P.S. How's George's leg now?

Suburbia said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend. Hope you are not too poorly