Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wales 23 - 15 England

Wales were the favourites to win this game and win they did - but it was a flipping tense game!

England, in their previous game against Italy, were rubbish, and Wales are on form so it should have been easy but it was England and I never relax when we're playing England. It's the game that matters most, more than any other. "As long as we beat the English, that's okay."

England played well and we made some silly mistakes letting them get through for two tries but we won - and that's what matters. It was a hard game - but one that was remarkably free of injuries - but we came through it.

And after two weekends of competition there are just two teams who can do the Grand Slam: Wales and Ireland. It's going to be an exciting tournament.

I'm sorry I can't write very lucidly about the game: I spent too much time jumping off my seat or eating my fingers.

3 comments:

Dragonstar said...

Spare a thought for my wee granddaughter - she won't know who to cheer for!

Buddhist in Training said...

You are quite right, we should have one but it certainly wasn't the clean sweep that a lot of the Welsh fans were hoping for! Silly mistakes drive me mad! Come on Wales smarten up for the hat trick!

Furtheron said...

:-( Still wasn't as bad an England performance as it might have been but still we are a long way behind in the 6 nations at the moment