Tuesday, February 24, 2009

On the good ship beddybyes

I woke up in the middle of the night with a rotten headache. The sort that makes you think, 'Oh, my head is going to burst!' I rummaged in the drawer next to my bed for some pills and was about to pop some in my mouth when I thought, 'Hang on.' Even at 2.30 am something didn't feel right. I turned on the light and discovered I'd been about to take sea-sickness pills.

They'd have been helpful for some of the dreams I've been having lately but the one I'd just woken from involved robbers and murderers and scary people. A baseball bat would have been more use.

* * * * * * * * *

I haven't signed up to Follow any blogs (keep meaning to check it out but always get distracted) but I notice, gratefully, that several people are following mine. For ages the number stayed at 11 then over the last week or so it climbed to the heights of 17. Until yesterday. When it dropped down to 12.

I wonder what happened to make people change their minds. Was it something I said?!

* * * * * * * * *

Oh, yes, and when walking the cliffs yesterday I came up with a good beginning for my novel! Yay! I will write it later on today. After the ironing and chocolate articles. Definitely.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to bed about 4am and little one woke up at 5am... sometimes I don't know why I bother!!!

DeeJay said...

Is "following" a blog a new facility that I have missed? I "follow" all of my favourites by using the Bloglines RSS reader

DeeJay said...

By the way I clicked 'publish' before writing that I hope your headache is better now. I used to suffer with horrendous headaches before I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and put on regular medication since when I honestly cannot remember having another - and that was 12 years ago!!!

Liz Hinds said...

Poor you, hippy mama. You must be shattered!

Some people have little photos in the sidebar of people who 'follow' their blog. I think they get told if you update your blog. It's no good asking me, deejay!

Liz Hinds said...

Oh, thank you, deejay. Yes, I'm fine now. I think I was dehydrated after not drinking enough water after circuit training. Glad your problem was resolved. headaches are nasty things.

Anonymous said...

I was following but not now - nothing personal!! Not following anyone and not blogging anymore.

I'll mail you later

amanda
xx

wrt sleep I'm sort of used to it after 12 years!!!

Anonymous said...

As I don't have a blog I keep my 'best' blogs (yours of course!) in my favourites list on the toolbar.
Wendy (Wales)

Furtheron said...

I have 1 follower... and I think they are probably lost :-)

Rose said...

I just got around to "following" blogs last week, though I haven't finished adding everyone to the list yet. Then yesterday I noticed my number had dropped, too. I thought maybe I had offended someone...sounds like maybe just a hitch in Blogger. I can't keep up with all these little gadgets and lists!

Rose said...

LOL, just saw Furtheron's comment:)

jmb said...

The same thing happened to me Liz. I had climbed to 26 then one day it was 21. Five left, all on the same day. What have I done? What's more I don't even remember who they all were so I have no idea who rejected me.