Thursday, January 29, 2009

George is a slow learner

He got bitten again today. By a small white dog. It's his own fault. Most dogs quickly learn that bared teeth and a snarl mean 'get out of my face!' George gets bitten, yelps and hides under a bush for a few moments before he thinks, 'Aw, you didn't really mean to bite me, I know; you want to play really. Come on, let's play!'

He got me up at 3 this morning too. But it was sort of my fault. No, really, it was Younger Son's fault.

Younger Son had left some indigestion tablets in his trouser pocket. I didn't notice until I'd washed the trousers and found the strip in the washing machine. I removed it and left it on the work surface. I should have thrown it away straightaway. Or at least before George could go on a surface-clearing mission. I'm a slow learner too.

In the past I'd have phoned the vet to make sure he'd be all right; now I just sigh.
xx

2 comments:

Rose said...

I do hope Younger Son didn't have the tablets in his trousers because of the dinner you served him last night:) Just curious, what did you have?

jmb said...

I think that George is part goat personally. I think he could be classed as an omnivore.