Tuesday, January 13, 2009

ABC Wednesday - Z

After the perfection (!) of last week another contrived entry this week for ABC Wednesday as we reach the final letter, Z, of Round 3.
It's been a challenge finding Beatles' songs for each letter of the alphabet, but a much greater challenge finding a photo to ilustrate them. Not unexpectedly, there isn't a song title beginning with Z so I've chosen to go down the Zzzzz - as in sleepy-head - road.
Often when I sleep I dream and that leads me nicely into this week's photo. I'm snooZing on Middle Beach, Tofino, on Vancouver Island and, Like Dreamers Do, I'm dreaming of ... who else?Like Dreamers Do was written by Paul McCartney in 1957. The Beatles sang it at their unsuccessful Decca audition in 1962 and a cover version of it, recorded by The Applejacks, reached number 20 in the UK singles chart. It was later included on a Beatles Anthology and was attributed to Lennon and McCartney.
To participate in ABC Wednesday, go here.
xx

23 comments:

CherryPie said...

Is that you there on the beach? How cute ;-) :-)

ellen b. said...

What a great photo of you? resting on the beach dreaming about the Beatles. Well done in completing the alphabet Beatles style! I'm impressed!!

Reader Wil said...

I was curious which of the Beatles songs began with Z, but somehow you manoeuvred so cleverly that in the end you did it again! Won derful.
Thanks for your visit to my waterfalls. I remember that in Wales we saw the Swallow Falls near Betws-Y-Coed.That was impressive.

Anonymous said...

thats brilliant :0)

Anonymous said...

Not bad at all! ZZzzzz ing on the beach with the Beatles!

Sounds good to me!

Jane Hards Photography said...

I'm only sleeping- Well done it has been tough towards the end but you came out trumps. You deserve to catch some zzzzz's now.

Unknown said...

I love the Beetles. I put one of their songs on my blog music and I think of you and your blog whenever it plays : ). Hope your week is happy!

Anonymous said...

I really have to salute you for connecting the alphabet with Beatles' songs! I love the Beatles, too!

My ABC Wed entry is posted here, by the way. Happy mid-week!

Rinkly Rimes said...

May I use that terrific montage as a theme for a poem.? I'll acknowledge you, of course.

jmb said...

Well you scrabbled to the end willy nilly. Good job.

Rose said...

It's hard to top last week's entry! I don't remember ever hearing this song, but I love the photo! That could have been me when I was 15:)

Puss-in-Boots said...

Well done on the last entry, Liz. That was a challenge. I've never heard the song either. You're a real Beatles fan, aren't you?

Anonymous said...

this photo looks cute! just perfect for the last round of this meme. you may now catch some zzzz... and i second the question too: are you a beatles fan?

Anonymous said...

You made it.

~PakKaramu~ said...

Pak Karamu visiting your blogspoy

Rune Eide said...

That was a nice round-off - even with a song that I can't remember. Not many songs at all that begins with a Z in English (or in Norwegian for that matter). Might be in French or Dutch.

lv2scpbk said...

Nice shot.

Dragonstar said...

Clever Liz! Very well done! Will you be joining in the next round?

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Very, very creative! I've really enjoyed your series--you are very resourceful! Kudos!

Barbara said...

I will let you off with Z, I hope you enjoyed your snoozzzzzzzzzzzze.

Saz said...

great image, love playing, photoshop?? LOL

Liz Hinds said...

THanks all.

Yes, I am a beatles fan but not a geek! I get all my facts from here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Beatles_songs


And I will be joining in with the next round but if I have a theme it will be less constraining than this one was!

MaryB said...

Ha! Love it!