Friday, November 21, 2008

The Lord said

There is a certain type of Christian that is wont to say, 'The Lord told me to tell you ...' usually followed by a criticism. Like, 'The Lord told me to tell you that he thinks you should reconsider your decision to watch Eastenders.'

Today I think I had a message from one of that sort of person.

A package was left in the Linden kitchen. Written on it were the words: For Liz. Inside were two videos: Carol Vorderman's Detox Diet and Mr Motivator's Exercise Plan.

A pretty clear message I think. The Lord wants me to ... oh, wait, I've got it! He wants me to sell them in Zac's Christmas Fair! Yes! Phew, for a nasty moment there I thought the Lord was telling me to lose weight.

That is the message I shall take from the package anyway.

8 comments:

Dragonstar said...

ROFLMAO! I'm not even going to ask you to send them to me - no diets or exercise until after the Season!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure if you searched within yourself for that answer it is the right one. LOL!

Leslie: said...

I'm SURE they're for the sale. lol

Berni said...

Yep I've me a few of those sort of people. The trash is a good place to put that stuff

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'm sure you're taking the right message.

CherryPie said...

LOL :-)

Liz Hinds said...

I think yours is a wise plan, dragonstar.

Oh I did, jay!

Me too, leslie.

Vic grace, there are lots of them about!

Of course I am, welshcakes.

Hello, cherrypie.

MaryB said...

Ha! Yes, the message is sell, sell, sell! (My response to someone imparting God's will to me is that God told me to ignore them.)