Sunday, November 02, 2008

A foodie feast

I see from your comments on the previous post that you are people after my own heart.

So we went to Devon and had a lovely - though brief - time with daughter, Son-in-law and Holly.

Daughter is a wonderful cook. For lunch when we arrived yesterday we had cheese and home-made bread and pickles. For dinner last night we had roast lamb (even though Daughter is a veggie), Moroccan aubergine, pomegranate and tomatoes, lemon and coriander potatoes and a nutty salad. She was going to make us a butterscotch pudding but we were too full and only had room for a few more of her pecan, cranberry and white chocolate cookies.

Then for lunch before we left today she knocked us up some focaccia bread and squash and chilli soup.

Lest you fear that the weekend speeded up my complete transformation into little dumpling let me tell you that we went on two lovely walks on Killerton estate, a National Trust property just a few miles from the village of Silverton.

We also called in to their allotment where the other three did useful things while I took photos of the fennel, leeks and purple sprouting broccoli. Oh, and talked to Holly.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Holly have any tips for you in dealing with George ? Looks a sensible, down to earth sort of dog.

Suburbia said...

And the dust is still waiting for you?!! Or did some fairy godmother visit while you were away? (as if!)

Liz Hinds said...

Oh I wish, suburbia! And it'll probably still be there next weekend too!

Holy is a very sensible dog, aileni. She was very relieved that we didn't take that rapscallion, George, with us on this visit

Leslie: said...

Holly is gorgeous! I love her chocolately brown colour!

Sounds like you all had a wonderful visit with delicious eats!

Sorry I missed you on facebook. I'd left it on when I rushed off to church and found your message when I got back.

Tim Atkinson said...

Looks delicious! (Forget the dust...after a while it doesn't show!)

Dragonstar said...

Holly looks lovely, what a beautiful colour she is. It sounds as if you had a great break.

Gattina said...

And after all that you realized that you put on a few kgs, lol !
Everything looks very yummy !!

jmb said...

Well I can see why you were anxious to leave your dust and go off to visit Holly and Co. Yummy food and you did not have to cook it. What more can one ask?

sally in norfolk said...

great food great company and walks too sounds like heaven to me :-)

CherryPie said...

Aww! Holly looks so sweet and innocent :-)