Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Congratulations, America!

What a great day to wake up to!

I remember hearing about the race riots and segregation when I was a child; it wasn't until I grew up that I realised how recently legalised apartheid was alive and well in the United States.

One of our newspapers reported that John McCain had two people to fight in this election: Obama and Bush. Another commentator added Palin to that list. And it was all too much for him - fortunately.

Way to go, America!

7 comments:

Anna said...

Congratulations!! I wish I was American this morning!

Furtheron said...

Yes I just think we as a nation have a lot further to go until we have rid ourselves of prejudice.

Gattina said...

We have a lot of Americans living here in Waterloo and a total of 40000 in Belgium. Apparently according to the local news they all voted for Obama and he won ! Now they are happy and I am glad for them.

Dragonstar said...

I'm so glad! I was scared stiff of what would happen if McCain/Palin got in!

Anonymous said...

Cuurrrrenndli engayjd in blunken drogging :-)

Elsie said...

Thanks, Liz. It IS a great day to be an American.

Rune Eide said...

Hear, hear!!