Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The world had jolly well better not end today

Because:
a) I am going to Canada on Sunday (Have I mentioned that?);
b) the sun may be shining and I may get some washing dry.

What time do they re-create the Big Bang anyway?

Shall I do my Christian fundamentalist evangelist bit?
'And ar y'all ready t'meet the Looooord, bruther?'

Of course the world won't end until God says so, so if it ends today it will mean there isn't a god and dr stu will be right. Unless God has decided that it will end today, in which case, I'll see you in heaven or not.

I think I need to get out more.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course there is a god! She just spells her name backwards!! You know that!!!

Liz Hinds said...

I know: the dyslexic insomniac atheist who lay awake at night wondering if there a dog.

Liz Hinds said...

correction: if there were a dog.

And dog certainly rules in this house.

Unknown said...

Liz, I need to get out more myself!

Are you going to Canada? I seem to remember you saying something (lots) about the trip.

Theologically, I don't believe that a loving God would screw you out of that adventure!

P.S. ~ Alex wants me to remind you that god is not a dog; god is a cat. OK?

Anonymous said...

Well, I think all those particles colliding did have an effect cos it's the first time I've seen sunshine here in weeks.

Enjoy Canada.

Liz Hinds said...

Nick, please apologise to Alex for me. He's right, of course. And I think you're right about God and my trip!

reluctant blogger, you could be right. in that case, let's have more Big Bangs!

Anonymous said...

@Sometimes Saintly Nick,

If god were a cat, it would be the one belonging to Mr.Schroedinger.
Or maybe not, I'm uncertain ;-)

Neva said...

You are a HOOT!!!

Leslie: said...

Well, I'm still here and so is Canada, so have a great flight!