Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mr postman, look and see, if there's a letter in your bag for me

Well, the postman's been and gone and the card that Husband promised me was in the post still hasn't arrived. Tap, tappety tap - my fingers drumming on the table in a wait-till-he-gets-home mood.

And it's a good job Ruby gave me flowers as the closest I got to receiving any from Husband was on Sunday morning when he said, 'I was going to pick some flowers for you yesterday but it was raining.'

Admittedly I didn't give him any flowers either. But still.

My sweetiepies: last of the great romantics.

9 comments:

Susan said...

Maybe bigger and better things are to come?? Well at least George has a new recipe to cook! Wishing you a happy happy day!

Rose said...

Liz, Your husband and mine must be related. Mine doesn't see the use of "wasting" a few dollars on a card. When we were dating he would bring me roses for no reason; now....well, I did get a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day.
Happy Anniversary! You did get some lovely flowers, though.

thouartloosed said...

Happy Anniversary! He'll have a good reason why the card is late. They always do!
Kathy

Suburbia said...

They must be related, yours and mine! Mine often says "I nearly got you....but"!
Why do they do that?

Baht At said...

these postmen they always manage to loose the cards you post to your own house.

I always use that excuse to get another day to buy the card I forgot ;)

Laura Jane Williams said...

I suppose the thought was there... wasn't it?

CherryPie said...

I think he owes you a mega treat now :-)

Dragonstar said...

Mine disapproves of cut flowers. He says he only likes them living - but not in the house!

Liz Hinds said...

Susan, I don't think so! We'll have to find other ways to make up ...

Rose, that is generous of your husband. Mine is particularly anti buying anything around Valentine's day on the grounds that it will be over-priced!

thouartloosed, he's already said he posted it first class on Monday so 'it should have arrived!'

Yes, suburbia, Husband frequently thinks of these gestures. I sometimes think of a few too.

baht at, he's already owned up to not buying it until Monday lunchtime.

maske girl, the thought is frequently there ...

cherrype, I agree!

dragonstar, part of me agrees with that sentiment but another part likes to have flowers indoors!