Monday, June 23, 2008

George's bad habit

Okay, he's got several but the one I'm talking about is stealing from the work surface.

Harvey was very good with food - although I don't recall what he was like as a puppy - so it's taking some remembering not to leave anything vaguely edible on the work surface. Hearing the familiar eating-something-he-shouldn't noise, I went to investigate and George was chomping on the lid from a jar of harissa (very hot) paste. I was about to take it off him when I thought, no, I won't. See if it teaches him.

It didn't. Next I'm going try to the chilli deterrent.
xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cor! This is so funny...I stole some pasta on Sunday morning...it had sweetcorn in it too. Well my poos were really soft and mummy knew they were mine cos of the sweetcorn! LOL! I laughed!

Mummy didn't!

mdmhvonpa said...

Never worked with my cybernetic hounds either ... not a brain-cell between them to make the synapse.

Lindsay said...

Rescue Dog says "Well done George". One of our labradors once, before our very eyes, stole a roast leg of lamb from the kitchen. He ran into the Sitting Room being hotly pursued by the family. Of course the dog dropped it on the carpet didn't he! Hope you don't have a disturbed night!

Suburbia said...

Oh you cruel mummy!

Dragonstar said...

Well normally I'd say go ahead, but since this is George you'd probably be the one who suffered! So it might be as well to stay off the chili!

Anonymous said...

Have the same problem - its big dogs, they can reach anything. sorry no words of wisdom but if you find the answer let me know!!




Hippy mama


(can't sign in as I've forgotten my password!!!)

Liz Hinds said...

wilma, it isn't really funny you know! I am surprised at you: you look like such a well-behaved sort of dog! Poor mummy!

Stomachs are more powerful in dogs than brains I think, mdm.

A leg of lamb?! Now that's impressive. I'm not telling george about that!!

suburbia, you have to be cruel to be kind - or something like that!!

dragonstar, indeed. He didn't seem to be at all bothered by the harissa.

hippy mama, I suppose I could break his legs! That would solve several problems!!