Wednesday, June 04, 2008

ABC Wednesday - T

I'm a little teapot, short and stout.
Here's my handle, here's my spout.
When I see the teacups hear me shout,
"Tip me up and pour me out!"
I love my cup of tea. When I'm cold, I have a cup of tea. When I'm bored, I have a cup of tea. When I'm hungry, I have a cup of tea. There are very few situations that don't call for a cup of tea. And it must be made in a teapot.
Even though I'm usually making it just for me, I use my teapot. They laugh at me in work because I insist on my teapot. (But then they laugh at me because I make proper gravy and turn up my nose at gravy granules.)
Sometimes tea made with a teabag in a mug tastes okay; sometimes it doesn't. But I think it's probably more of the ritual - the taking time out to warm the pot and leave it to brew - that matters.
The tea-cosy was bought for me by Son-in-law who saw it and instantly thought of me. I'm not sure what that says!
So, whatever you're doing today, why not have a break and join me in a cup of tea?
To take part in ABC Wednesday, visit mrs nesbitts place.
xx

17 comments:

Marlow Traore said...

the tea will breathe and be free,
Free Tea-bad (means Tea from bad clothes)
Happy ABC

Dragonstar said...

What a fun teapot! I don't drink tea much any more, but I used to prefer it made in a pot. Second son used to put milk in his cup, add sugar and the teabag, and wait for the water to more-or-less boil before adding it. He said he liked it that way.

sally in norfolk said...

I too love my tea and drink it on all the occasions you mension.
Best made in a tea pot and drank from a china cup... although i usually make it in the cup for myself!!

Anonymous said...

I used to love the smell of warm tea-cosy - started when I was given one to press against my cheek when I had toothache. I never touch tea now having gone through years of strong, sugary tea, to Lapsang - now it is coffee all the way.
A nostalgic choice.

Rune Eide said...

Sounds like T for Two would be nice...

Furtheron said...

Love the teapot and the cozy.... boy does that scream I'm English or what... LOL! :-)

Liz Hinds said...

Excuse me, furtheron, you seem to be forgetting I'm Welsh!!

Juliana RW said...

cute teapot :D

My T post in here Thanks

Neva said...

I almost did our teapot but chose something else! What a cute cosy....nice choice! How's George doing? Clancy and Simon decided to try out the wicker on my coffee table......aaccckkkk!!! I was ready to cry....ohwell...it's just furniture.

Anonymous said...

What a cute tea cozy. I don't care for tea but my husband loves it.

Anonymous said...

It really is true that there is something about having tea from a pot that a tea bag just can't touch! That tea cozy goes perfectly with your cat tea pot. I have a similar cozy that a gal in England knit for me in 1973. it's green and pink :0)

Patty said...

What pretty tea pots. I like the cat!

Mari said...

Lovely ones! Them get me smile. Thanks!

Pernille said...

This is a wonderful choice for T! Very nice and fun teapot:)

Tash said...

The T-pot photos are so cute & cuddly! An English friend from years ago always used a tea-cozy. Your photos & remembering my friend made me smile. (It is great to be thinking about the same theme all around the world.)

Leslie: said...

I absolutely LOVE your tea cosy! My grandmother used to make them for us all for Christmas gifts but I don't have any of them left now that she's been gone since 1985. Where did your son get it? I will have to get a few when I'm over there.

Every afternoon I stop around 3 or 4 pm and make myself a pot of Red Rose tea and I drink the whole pot all by myself! I missed it today because I was out all day, but I'll make up for it tomorrow.

Suburbia said...

Oh I just love a good cup of tea!
Have you ever tried the cosy as a hat? I bet you've been tempted?