Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Retrieving my retriever

I thought we'd been doing well as George hadn't escaped for four days. I was beginning to think that he'd accepted his lot living with us. He hadn't; he was just biding his time.

When the postman - who is one of George's favourite people - came to the door, this morning leaving the gate open behind him, George belted out BETWEEN the postman's legs.

The postman helped me retrieve my retriever. I stood in front and the postman crept up behind him and grabbed his collar. At the time George was eating someone else's flowers.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I have a golden retriever who loves to escape! For the past 3 days he has barked at different trees trying to get me or Mr. Honey outside to find and shoot a squirrel for her. All he ever does is proudly run around the back yard 3-4 times showing all the other squirrels that he is protecting the yard. Then when no one is watching she hides it in a hole so that when it stinks REALLY bad she brings it out of hiding to play with it!