Thursday, April 03, 2008

Mr Four-Sheds

Husband has 4 sheds. Plus the garage and outside toilet, both of which he uses to store stuff. That is more than any man needs.

So we're going to get rid of one.

I haven't told Husband this yet. In fact, I only just thought of it.

I was wandering round the garden, drinking my cup of tea in the gorgeous sunshine, when it came to me. Some of our fencing blew down last week so we're going to have to replace that and, while we're at it, we may as well do a little bit of garden re-arranging. (This, of course, is the royal 'we'; Husband and Younger Son will be doing the fence-replacing.)

Two of the sheds are tatty so we can get rid of the tatty one in the sunny bit of the garden and, if husband wants to, he can replace the other one with a better and bigger one. I am very generous like that.

I'm good at garden planning. It's one of the three sorts of gardening that I can do, the other two being destructive and telling-people-what-to-do. Just keep me away from plants and it's fine.

* * * * * * * * *

Betty has developed a squeak.

She was MOT-ed and welded last week so she should be okay but it was a sort of 'my wheel is about to fall off' squeak, so I drove very carefully, ready to throw open the door and fling myself out commando-style (but plus knickers) if she did suddenly veer towards a wall as the wheel went off to do its own thing.
xx

4 comments:

Suburbia said...

My husband wants an outhouse. He is deprived poor thing and only has one shed and a garage. If he had an outhouse I guess we could squeeze a bed in couldn't we?! (thats so mean isn't it I don't mean it really!)

DeeJay said...

Glad to hear that your knickers were intact and at the ready for your commando style baling out. We wouldn't want headlines about our star blogger being seen knickerless on the High Street. I do hope Betty improves

Furtheron said...

You can't deprive an Englishman of his shed. Good God woman what are you thinking! :-)

Leslie: said...

I like your style of gardening. Kind of like mine - when the gardener comes, I call out and ask if they'd like me to move the car out of the way. lol