Monday, April 14, 2008

Good sports

We watched the DVD of Cars on Friday. The first 20 minutes were a bit slow but it improved after that. At the end I said to husband, 'I really cared what happened to those cars!'
Husband said, 'Not only are they cars, they're cartoon cars! You can't care about them.'
'I can.'

Doctor Who was better this week too.

And I've just noticed that Swansea football team have clinched (as they do in football commentator parlance) promotion to the Championship League. This apparently is what the Second Division is now called, with the first being the Premiership. Raking my memory I remember once in my life that the Swans went top of Division 1. That was when there was no higher division and John Toshack was manager and slim. I think they only stayed there for 1 week but it's one of those things that will no doubt be recalled at a time such as this.

And this afternoon Arsenal are playing Manchester United 'to keep their premier league title hopes alive.' It's been a bad fortnight for Arsenal and their fans but from what I recall from reading Nick Hornby's Fever Pitch, that's the way it is if you're an Arsenal supporter.

I think I'm all blurbed out. No, actually, I have an award to pass on and a serious post to write but they'd better wait for a bit. George wants to go walkies.

2 comments:

CherryPie said...

I thought cars was a bit slow to start with too, but like you I really got into it after a bit :-)

Suburbia said...

I'm with you on Dr. Who, haven't seen Cars but did see Pirates of the Caribean (3 or 2 I can't remember now) and it was so bad I didn't bother to watch the end!First one was great though.
Will call again to read serious post later!