Wednesday, April 09, 2008

George of the jungle

George and I decided to follow a new path in the woods today.
'Ahem, you decided you mean.'
Okay, I decided we'd follow a different path. When he's on an unfamiliar route, fearless George walks just behind my heels.
'It's only fair. You made the decision; you should be the one to fall into heffalump traps.'

So we headed off along the less-trod path. Which was a mistake as it came to a dead end.

Undaunted and armed only with our wits and a machete, we set about following the sun and forging a new trail through the forest. (That's a bit of a fib; we didn't have any wits with us.)

After what seemed like days, we reached a point in the woods that was completely, totally and absolutely unfamiliar. and the sun went behind a cloud. 'We're doomed, George!' I cried.
'Doomed? Doomed? We can't be doomed,' he said. 'I haven't had my lunch.'

He grabbed me by the throat and said, 'Pull yourself together! You can't give up now!'

So we ploughed on ... and got to the path and home in time for lunch and The Archers.
* * * * * * * * *
Someone had a photo of wild strawberries on his blog but I can't remember who it was. I was thinking it was too early for them when I spotted these in the woods today.

Another of the rogue rhododendrons in the woods.

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

i once did that with my doggie of old...

... and god the most vile and stinksome FOXES' POO ALL OVER ME~!!!

c'mon laugh now! LAUGH!!~ I dare you!!

XX

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Pretty photos.