Thursday, April 24, 2008

George does a Jesus

The last two mornings I haven't set the alarm but let myself wake up when I wake up (as I've been tired). This morning I needed to get on with things so set the alarm and got up early. I shouldn't have bothered.

In half an hour I've: retrieved George once; blocked up the hedge; grabbed George by the tail and pulled him back through the hedge; blocked up the hedge again; tried to persuade him he can't walk on water.

The winter cover is over the swimming pool. Because we've had a bit of rain the cover is sagging in places below the water level. George thinks this looks more tempting than water from his bowl. George is very stupid.

Fortunately the cover bore his weight but paddling on it won't do it any good at all, and is most definitely something To Be Discouraged.

But I do fear you are getting the wrong idea about George. He is a puppy after all. He might be rather large but he's still learning. And he is very lovable and gentle. And, on the plus side, this morning he cried to go out so he could be sick. I think that shows very good manners. I don't know if eating your own vomit is quite such good etiquette but it doesn't seem to have done him any harm.

Now this blog is becoming very george-centric. I will try not to write about him for at least ... oh, five minutes.
xx

9 comments:

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

Poorly pets are a problem. Over the weekend my cat decided to sit on my head whilst i was asleep - before throwing up on my pillow. Nice

Rose said...

Please don't stop writing about George--he brightens my day! We have only one dog now who fortunately has finally grown out of the puppy eat-a-shoe-a-day habit. But he does still have a fondness for my daughter's underwear. But otherwise he is quite well-mannered--I'm sure George will get there, too. For now, I am enjoying his antics (but then I don't have to go retrieve him every morning).

Liz Hinds said...

Oh, rose, underwear - Harvey was the one for knickers. Clean or dirty he'd find them and take them in the garden with him.

DFTP - hope she's better now. And you got the smell out of your pillow!

Gattina said...

I think you should give a bible to George as he is such a religious dog ! lol ! and don't complain when you find it in 1000 pieces !

Suburbia said...

Yuck! Disgusting habits but you could forgive him anything with such a lovely face!
Honestly he's worse than a toddler!!

Leslie: said...

Yes, well, he IS learning. After all, how many children would actually go to the toilet to be sick instead of just spewing wherever they happen to be? There's hope for him yet. lol

All dogs will do the other disgusting thing re their v***t..just call him in before he does it.

DeeJay said...

A super George story I hope he is feeling better now

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, I'm already missing George!! Bless his georgy-puupy-heart!

James Higham said...

He's definitely the best thing to have happened to you, Liz in these days.