Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Doubting

I've been a bit lax on visiting especially over the weekend: I didn't even do many Photohunter calls. Apologies. I was a bit stressed on Saturday.

We were taking the services in the prison on Sunday and I was doing the talky bit. We'd met to plan and decided we'd look at Doubting Thomas and darkness. Saturday lunchtime I still hadn't got a grip on the subject and what to say. It wasn't until later in the day - after I'd considered playing ill, calling someone else and begging him to do it, having a service completely made up of singing - that I got my head around it. Sort of.

I wrote Thomas's story from his viewpoint (you can read it if you wish in The Bits That are Too Long) and after reading that, linked it with what I really wanted to say. It was a very seamless link I have to say. Mainly because there wasn't actually one but if you blather around long enough no-one notices.

What I felt was the important message to get across is the message that Sean presses on us at Zac's, the message that I'm finally getting, that God loves us just as we are.

On a sort of aside, when I posted Thomas's story on my other blog, I realised that there are comments on the first story that's there. I hadn't been back there for a long time so hadn't responded but I'm grateful for your kind words. It's perked me up no end at a time when I'm a bit in need of either:
a) a kick in the pants;
b) a lift up from the floor.

It's also reminded me that I don't have a link to it in my blogroll. I am so dozy.
xx

3 comments:

Furtheron said...

God loves us just as we are. But us loving us just as we are... now that can be a heck of a lot more difficult for many of us.

Liz Hinds said...

It certainly can, furtheron. But knowing that God does can help. Just knowing that we ARE lovable.

CherryPie said...

I am so glad you got your inspiration :-)