Monday, March 10, 2008

Magical Memory Tour

Roll up, roll up for the Magical Memory Tour.

Scientists at the University of Leeds are asking people to blog their memories of the Beatles to create the biggest database of “autobiographical memories” ever attempted.

The survey is aimed at anyone, anywhere who has a memory relating to the Beatles (you don’t have to be a fan to get involved!). You have to think of about the first thing that comes to mind from your life that is related to the Beatles. It may be a song, a feeling, an event.

The results will help scientists further understand how children develop a capacity for memory, how adults process memory and how memory changes in older adulthood.

Go here to blog your memory of the greatest band ever.
xx

5 comments:

Leslie: said...

I remember one night, after a lot of drinking, a bunch of us got in the car and headed out to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. We sneaked the car in the back route and the guys went to walk over the bridge in the dark. I was too chicken so waited by the car. Anywaaaaaayyyyy....all the way there and back we sang "Lucy in the sky with diamonds. It was like somewhere around 2 or 3 in the morning and the car windows were down. Naughty naughty! lol

You must google Capilano Suspension Bridge, Vancouver BC. You'll see why it was such a daring stunt to do it in the dark!

Leslie: said...

Omigosh, I failed to say that was back in 1967 or 8.

Gattina said...

The idea is very good, but I was so in love at that time that I completely missed the Beatles, lol ! Not even a song is related. I discovered them far later and also all the fuss made about them and realized that they were the same age as me and that I had missed something.

CherryPie said...

I am too young to remember the Beatles ;-)

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Liz went to the site, but as a Maltese, they did not have a British nationality, or I didn;t see one, and as we are half maltese thats good enough. My memories of the Beatles was when we lived in Singapore between 1963 and 1966 and when my mum and dad used to have parties they played their reel to reel tape recorder and blasted the Beatles out!!! I can say that they have never been my favourite group..could never understand the fascination..