Monday, March 24, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

Okay, life's been a bit hectic of late so I've not been visiting blogs. I've not even visited any of the Photohunters, which is unforgivable. I will try and get round lots in the next couple of days.

But first a quick catch-up. With my Lenten fast over, I ate 6 weeks' worth of chocolate yesterday. In fact, it's been a really bad-food weekend. Friday night we had fish and chips, Saturday takeaway curry and Sunday chocolate. My heart is fairly groaning with cholesterol overload. Back to sensible eating today. Or as soon as I've finished my Easter egg. (I had to have one as I needed to buy 5 and they were selling them 2 for the price of 1, so it would have been wasteful not to have bought 6.)



On Saturday, we (Husband, Elder Son, Younger Son, Son-in-law and Elder Son's friend - oh yes and me) went to the Millennium Stadium for the EDF semi-finals. The second semi featured the Ospreys, our local team and the only Welsh semi-finalists. We got super cheap tickets at £10 each and when we got there we found out why. They were 3 rows from the front - so on pitch level - and right next to the furthest corner flag. (See how close we were to the BBC interviewing Jeremy Guscott - who used to be quite dishy but who is a bit flabby-faced now. And who could say the same about me. About being flabby-faced I mean, not dishy.) That meant we could see well if anyone scored in our corner but for the rest of the game we had to watch the big screen. We'd have been better off at home in the warm!
But in the gap between the first and second game we found better seats and sneaked in there. Ospreys won 30-3 and now go to meet Leicester, winners of the first game, in the finals at Twickenham.
We also saw Jesus on the cross in Cardiff.


xx


4 comments:

James Higham said...

Busy is busy, Liz - understandable

CherryPie said...

So how much chocolate is 6 weeks worth ;-) :-)

Liz Hinds said...

Lots, cherrypie! But it's all gone now. Sigh.

CherryPie said...

I still have lots left ;-)