Wednesday, March 19, 2008

ABC Wednesday - I

I is for Imagine. Imagine this is your life.

Me and Angie were in English class when sir said, ‘Today I want you to write a metaphorical poem.’

Angie and me looked at each other and she shrugged her shoulders and I said, ‘Please sir, please sir, is that like when yesterday I took my dog for a walk and I was in a great big field and the sun was shining and it was lovely.

But the way I was heading the only path out was twisty and narrow and overgrown with brambles and nettles and you couldn't see the path on the other side because it was dark because of all the trees. So I thought, “shall I turn round and go back?” but then I thought, “Don’t be daft,” so I carried on. But I was wearing shorts so my legs got scratched and stung but when I got through to the other side, the path was quite wide; it was dark but not as dark as it had looked from outside.

But as my mam says, “You never know who’s hiding behind the next tree”, so I had to be careful. I walked on for a bit then I came to a fork and I had to choose which path to take. I chose the bottom path because I knew it was shorter and I was getting tired. The path got a bit narrower and a bit lighter and then I came to a rickety old bridge. I crossed over and I was back in a field and the sun was shining again. And that’s a bit like life, isn't it, sir? Is that what you mean?’

And he looked at me and said, ‘Did I say metaphorical? I meant metaphysical.’

To join in with ABC Wednesday, go to Mrs Nesbitt's Place.

14 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

To sir with love eh?

Dxx
Interesting comment on my blog...I too preferred the 2 hearts but I have to allow the bride to choose....even when I disagree!
Calligraphy.....I have to sit and do one commission at the same time, I can't go back to it as I may sit in a different position and my writing will change.

Dx

Unknown said...

Lovely, Liz.

Michele said...

This is quite the post and a beautiful photo... oh so green!!

Katney said...

I think I've been there---metaphoricallya nd metaphysically, though I don't know where that exact path is physically. I wouldn't mind hiking it sometime physically, too, though I would sear jeans.

Lilli & Nevada said...

what a beautiful walk this makes, great reading too

Leslie: said...

This is great! Your photo is almost identical to the one I have on my Meez (you know, the graphic at the top right of my blog).

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this and your imagination! Fun and interesting.

Unknown said...

This is my favorite type of hike, through the woods. beautiful photo.

kml said...

Well done!!

Petunia said...

Love it:D

Dragonstar said...

Oh LOL! What an imagination, not to mention the gift of the gab!

DeeMom said...

Fantastic post

AVCr8teur said...

Interesting eerie path down the unknown.

kRiZcPEc said...

Thanks for sharing. :)