Thursday, January 03, 2008

You know what I mean

In work this morning, at one point, Alun and I were joined by both Chris and Janet. A conversation was going on when I was reminded of something else. I said to Janet: Did you go to ... oh, no, it's next week.
Janet: Yes, I went. It was last week.
Me: Oh right.
Janet: Assuming we're talking about the same thing.
Me: Oh, yes, we are.
Chris: That is such a woman conversation!

He and Alun were in hysterics by now.

Men! They just can't keep up with the plot.

7 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

I swear you wimmen-folk do this on purpose sometimes. I'll be taking to the mrs and she will make a conceptual leap that takes a full 5 minutes for me to recover from!

Anonymous said...

Sounds normal to me!!

Liz Hinds said...

Mdm, Chris said exactly the same thing about his wife. Really I don't what the problem is: our thought process is quite logical. Convoluted maybe, but logical.

Indeed, Amanda!

Anonymous said...

There is a womenfolk word in German

DOCH

which, depending on context,
either means
"certainly!" , or else
"certainly not!" ;-)

Joy Des Jardins said...

It takes a special 'ear' and a little ESP that only us ladies nurture over the years. Lucky us!

jmb said...

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me too.

Leslie: said...

This is hilarious and I DO know just what you mean! lol