Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bits and bobs

1. If I'd called this post, Tits and boobs, would it have attracted more visitors?

2. Over on Calum's blog there's a post from 22nd January (I don't know how to link to individual posts) all about growing up in the fifties/sixties. Apart from the fact that I thought he was younger than that, it's a great post for reliving memories if you're of that generation.

3. George was chipped on Saturday. We never had Harvey done but we were impressed with how simple a procedure it is. George didn't even notice. And what's more, the chip can tell his temperature! So no more thermometers up the bottom! I told George but he had wiped that memory from his head but he believed me when I said it was a good thing.

4. Church on Sunday was excellent! It's not often you will hear me say that ... I plan to write more about it but later as I must work first. But think on this: kicking the darkness until it bleeds light.

5. The man from the Evening Post (my editor!) was supposed to be phoning me yesterday to talk about what's needed; he didn't. My fear is that he's seen the photos and is rethinking his decision. But thank you all for your comments on the previous post. No, I don't get any free tickets to games; the daffodil is a symbol of Wales; we acquired the large blow-up daffodil after the last international we went to at the Millennium stadium - we didn't buy it, someone had left it behind!; I will be sure to blog the photo. I mean, how could I not after this?!

5 comments:

Furtheron said...

how the hell do you forget a huge inflatable flower... "Now I know I had something else with me when I went out - now what was it?" :-)

"kicking the darkness until it bleeds light" - don't know, intriguing sounds like a Coheed and Cambria lyric. My first thought is how I had to deal with my addiction in rehab - by being forced to soberly look at my actions, behaviour, treatment of myself and others I was able to see a new way to go. I suppose that was "Kicking the darkness until it bled light".

Anonymous said...

How to link to individual posts:

Assuming people use permalinks (posts with unique names, ideally independent of who their current blogprovider is), there are 2 methods.

Some blogtools give each post a name which is the first line of the post. It will usually be hidden behind the post's tiitle.
So rightclick on the title and choose 'copy link address', then you can paste that into your own text (CTRL-V).

Others - like me - have a word "permalink" (usually in the bottom line because people read the post THEN decide to save the permalink.
So rightclick on the word "permalink" and choose 'copy link address', then you can paste that into your own text (CTRL-V).

Linkily yours,
Ole Phat Stu

fools' cap said...

Bruce Cockburn, Lovers in a Dangerous Time... "You gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight"

Bare Naked Ladies did a version of it too.

mdmhvonpa said...

Did someone say boobs?

Leslie: said...

Makes me think of that song Bette Midler sang in "Beaches" about tits and ass. (pardon my French) ;D