Wednesday, January 30, 2008

ABC Wednesday - B

Last week, visiting blogs, I noticed that lots of people had joined in with ABC Wednesday, run by Mrs Nesbitt. The idea is to post a photo tying in with the letter of the week. A new alphabet has just begun so this week's letter is B.
I thought about posting a photo of my bed as that's one of my favourite places. Then I thought about Betty, my Beetle, as I love her. But instead I decided to post a photo of a beach - but not just any beach. This is Three Cliffs Beach, Gower, South Wales.

I've posted photos of it before but I don't apologise for that! It's regularly in the Top 3 of the World's Best Beaches. I'm not sure why exactly: it's not the longest; it doesn't have the whitest sand; it's not the most deserted (although it looks it here).

I'm biased, of course: I think it's wonderful. It doesn't have a cafe, souvenir shop, toilets or a car park. To get there involves a fairish walk (so that keeps all but the most dedicated beach babies away in the summer).

Maybe it's the peculiar rock formation - that isn't clear in this photo but that gives the beach its name - that makes it special; maybe it just has that something.

xx

22 comments:

Rune Eide said...

No reason for excuses - it looks beautiful. We may put it on the agenda for the summer holidays. We are planning for Cornwall, but perhaps a detour will have to be done?

VP said...

Hi Liz - welcome to ABC Wednesday!

3 Cliffs is my favourite beach on the Gower. I have plenty of happy childhood memories of staying with my aunt and uncle in Waunarlydd and going there. I think it's the long walk to get there from the bus stop through all the dunes, past the castle etc. etc. then it opens out to the spectacular view at the end - perfect!

Liz Hinds said...

Runee, definitely. It's just one of many beautiful beaches on Gower.

Hi vp, yes, it's quite a long walk whichever way you approach it but worth it.

ArneA said...

Only visited Mumbles but will see more next time visiting my daughter and her family in Cymru

Gordon said...

It certainly looks like a really nice beach; nice that it is not spoilt with commercial developments.

Adelaide in Photos

FO - 2 said...

Great choise for the B in the end! :)
A beautiful place! :)

Pete M said...

Lovely beach, must get to Wales more often

DeeMom said...

Beautiful

Silly Goose said...

Now, how could your BED be more peaceful than this deserted BEACH? I could sit there all day and dream. ;-)

Daryl said...

Good choice, great photo ..

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi why excuses? If its the BBBEST beach better post it more, of course I would like to know WHY? and where is this beach?

See on my blog, what I made (the first time) for ABC wednesday,I made music combined with photography

Greetings from JoAnn Holland

Paulie said...

Beach is one that hadn't occurred to me and we do have one at Wintler Park along the Columbia River. YOU have a BEAUTIFUL beach.

Edmund (the explorer) Nesbitt said...

Hello Auntie Liz.
Hope your back ache is better. I will probably get a bad back on my expedition so that wheat pack sounds like a good idea.

Thank you for offering to be my friend.
Mummy has now put a link thingy so donations can be made via my blog, straight to the Hospice.
I will add you as a friend too.

Thanks so much,
Hugs
Edmund (the explorer) Nesbitt

Andrea said...

Wow that is beautiful.

dot said...

That's an amazing looking beach!

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

some nice sandy ones on the Gower as a recall. Remember one we visited, parked the car, went to the loo with my son, turned round to find him nowhere to be seen - tracked him down in the local pub!

Dragonstar said...

Welcome Liz! Perfect sunny Beach picture for a miserable winter day.

Neva said...

It is a beautiful beach....the tock formations are awesome....very nice and welcome to ABC Wednesday!!

gma said...

Beautiful beach photo...It's fun to meet new people on abc Wednesday and see views from different parts of the world....
"hi" from Arizona

Leslie: said...

Oh Liz, I can hardly wait to see this beach! I tried to enlarge the photo but couldn't. I thought I saw a person at the edge of the water but maybe it's not. Have a wonderful day!

Mauigirl said...

Lovely beach, Liz. The lack of amenities is why it is so beautiful.

Katney said...

It is a perfect beach--not cafes, etc! very natural!