Thursday, December 13, 2007

While in the store yesterday - the same store in which I bought the mug (more of that later) and the hat - I saw a photo frame. Written around the edge it said, 'Family Memories', and it had spaces for four photos. 'That would make a good present for Auntie Maud,' says I to myself. 'I can put old photos in it; she'll like that.' So I bought it.

Now all I have to do is:
go up to the attic;
find the box of old photos;
rummage through to find suitable snaps;
scan snaps;
adjust size and shape to fit holes;
print photos;
frame photos;
wrap present.

Note to self.
Next year either:
a) start shopping in August;
or b) buy chocolates or plants or anything that doesn't take three hours of my valuable time. When I could be blogging.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Now that singing mug. How does it work? There is no obvious sign of anything mechanical or electrical, and surely you couldn't wash it if it were sensitive? It must be magic; that's the only logical answer.
xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, a magic singing mug :0)

I *think* we're done, go t afew things to wrap and post. We've started amking Christmas cards, so I'll find glitter everywhere for the next 6 months now!!!

Anonymous said...

re:singing mug...probably little elves trapped inside the handle...;0)

I've been cleaning again, can you tell!

Liz Hinds said...

Yip!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you could have left Aunt Maude to find her own pics for the frame - she will probably change them anyway as she is a bit batty. I wonder about the mug... it probably has a tiny micro-chip and speaker hidden in its base..otherwise its elves like amanda says...

Liz Hinds said...

Micro-chip and speaker? Pah! You know nothing. How could they get that into the base? I despair of you, Mutley.

Dragonstar said...

Seems to me the best ideas always come late and require extra work. And that's a really good idea for Auntie Maud. I think I'll pinch it myself - for next year!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yep, I get these "good ideas" fgor presents too - then don't have time to assemble them!