Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Walkies!

I took George out for his first walk on his lead this afternoon! It took us half an hour and we got about 200 yards (actually I have no idea how far that is but it wasn't far) along the quiet residential road behind our house. Then he stopped and sat down. He said, 'The world is a big scary place when you're new.'
I said, 'But mum's here with you; I won't let anything happen to you.'

But he just sat and looked at me and refused to go any further. So we turned round and came back.

We'll try again tomorrow.

"Why would I want to play with my chewy toy when I could eat your slipper instead?"

6 comments:

James Higham said...

Where have you walked him up to this point?

Maddy said...

Just gorgeous. Did you have to carry him home?
Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Liz Hinds said...

He's only been allowed in the garden until he had all his injections, James.

No, maddy, he was fine coming home. He's just a big wimp!

Gledwood said...

He looks like a really entertaining swine!

;->...

jmb said...

My Cleo used to do that as a grown updog.

I'm not taking one step farther Mum.

Yes but we have to get home.

Nope, I'm done for today.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Aaaah! The world is indeed scary, even with your Mum!