Sunday, November 25, 2007

Someone isn't so popular tonight

So I was sitting on the floor, as I always do, watching Wales get whopped by South Africa, when George comes and lies down beside me. He casually twists himself around so he can squeeze in between me and the sofa. Then he bites my bottom. Not a gentle little nibble but a crazy-vampire mouthful. Drawing blood and scarring me - quite probably for life.

I refused to talk to him for all of, ooh, two minutes. It's a good job he's gorgeous.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Changing the bed this morning I thought again how much I love my bed. It's absolutely the most comfortable one I know. Maybe that's to do in part with its age and condition. The way it accommodates me and the way I sleep. No matter which way I rotate or flip it, there is still a little dent in the mattress where my bottom goes.

That's because: Husband is away during the week so his half doesn't get as much use; and I wriggle a lot. It has nothing to do with the size of my bottom.

* * * * * * * * * *

Trinny and Suzannah this week, in their programme, Undress the Nation, looked at women's shapes. They concluded there were 12 standard shapes and all could be modelled by a household object.

I didn't fit exactly into any of the standards. I'd like to think that I'm an hourglass but, of their 12, cello is probably more truthful. Although, actually, double bass would be more lifelike.

11 comments:

James Higham said...

"Hourglass" by the look of recent photos. Bit you on the bottom, eh? Need another pet?

Helen said...

I wonder why they chose household objects, I would think musical instruments would be more appropriate.

Unknown said...

I wonder (while hoping your bottom is OK), if George in the habit of claiming the sofa when no human is on it? That’s the only thing I can think of to explain his wounding your rear.

You remind me that I need a new mattress. Mine is beginning to sag where I sag.

Mauigirl said...

Oops, a little puppy mistake! Those little needle teeth of theirs can be sharp! Hope your bum is OK! ;-)

Leslie: said...

Ooh, that must have smarted! I love my bed, too. It's so cosy and comfy especially now that I bought pretty pink flannel sheets.

Anonymous said...

I remember how sharp puppy teeth are....

I love my bed too, and so does O.H, the children and various pets *rolls eyes*.

Anonymous said...

Had you thought of wiring his jaw? Just a thought off the top of my head. The rugger was a bit harsh wasn't it? Still, there always next time.

Furtheron said...

Ouch!

There is no bed like your own bed is there.

jams o donnell said...

Two minutes not speaking to him? That surely was a terrible punishment.


As for shapes, I'm not sure what shape the not-wife would ahve gotten. She is comforrtably back to a size 10 and feels so delighted that several of her friends have put a contracts out on her!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yep, good job George is gorgeous! I see you've got James going there!

Liz Hinds said...

James, you are a pet!

I suppose they wanted variety of shape, helen.

Nick, we're trying to keep george off the sofa. Harvey was never allowed on it.

Mistake, mauigirl? I don't think so!

Leslie, flannelette, mmm.

Puppy teeth are like litle needles. And we are determined to keep george downstairs!

Wiring his jaw, Mutley? It'll be the fur coat makers for him if he doesn't learn soon!

Furtheron, there isn't, is there? Probably to do with security as well as comfort.

Oh, Jams, I would love to be size 10. No wonder there are contracts out!

Being gorgeous helps him to get away with all sorts, welshcakes.