Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I don't believe it!

I've done it again!

While on holiday in September I came across a story competition in my writing magazine. Being on holiday and in relaxed mood, I came up with a storyline to write up when I returned home.

Of course, on coming home life got in the way and the story wallowed in a deep recess in my brain. Then, as things on the Asian cooking writing front have gone quiet, today I decided to finish writing and submit it.

I've just about completed it but wanted to check on the actual theme of the contest to make sure I had it right - you know me and getting it wrong - so I rummaged through my old magazines until I found the correct one. I had the theme right but, yes, you've guessed it: the closing date was 19th November.

No matter how many times I check my calendar it's definitely gone past that date. I am such a plonker!
xx

9 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, what a disappointment! But I'm sure you'll be able to use it another time.

Anonymous said...

I love writing competitions, but the ones that charge you cash to enter just annoy me...

James Higham said...

These things happen, Liz. Damn!

Shades said...

oops...

Leslie: said...

Why not submit it to another magazine as an article? You might even get paid for it.

Gledwood said...

All I can say is... on your behalf... "AAAARGHJKKKQHhhhhhhpfffftt...'''kk!

Gledwood said...

"

and close quotation marks

Joy Des Jardins said...

Rats! Though I've never really entered any writing competitions...I've always been curious about them. Although, I don't think they should charge money for these things. Don't give up Liz....save it for another one.

mdmhvonpa said...

Aw nuts. You are still a winner to me.