Thursday, November 15, 2007

Boris the Morris (dancer)

It has taken me so many attempts to upload this post complete with the photo that I was beginning to think I was the victim of a conspiracy. But I am cleverer than I look.

What I was trying to say was this.

Boris has written a book of verse. So inspired by it was Dr Stu that he was compelled to write this little ditty.

There was a young poet called Boris
And he should have stayed in the forest
'stead of running for mayor
of London! My prayer
is to see him just dancing a Morris.



Prayers answered quickly (when Blogger allows); miracles take a little longer.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can do better than Boris any time, viz :-

There once was a lady from Wales
Who liked to blog Jesus's tales,
'Till she got in a tizz,
did our own dear ol' Liz,
After preaching on Isaac in jails ;-)

James Higham said...

Well, Liz, don't know about the Blogger problems but what I can say is that since those two pesky soundbites have been removed, your site loads beautifully again.

jmb said...

But they are not removed James, I just spent ages turning them off for every time I make a comment and I go back to home page I have to find them again. I guess they were just being moved when he came by.
Anyway Liz, you are too clever by half with the photo. We all say so easily, oh that must have been photoshopped, but you know how to do it. I'm jealous.

Gledwood said...

Suits him a lot better than his drab old Parliamentary uniform!!

;->...

Anonymous said...

Well done you. My techy skills aren't up to such mastery I'm afraid but I still have a soft spot for Morris men.
Cheers

Liz Hinds said...

You are such a poet, Stu! I'm jealous.

James, the soundbites have just been moved down the side-bar, but i'm glad you are getting me again.

jmb, it was more luck and a lot of muttering rather than skill! I don't do enough with these programs to understand how they work.

Gleds, I think so. But his head is a bit big.

Maddy, yes, I enjoy a bit of morris dancing - watching it anyway!

Furtheron said...

Good old Boris. Just think if he is Mayor then he'll be up in front of a global TV audience welcoming them all to the Olympics. Priceless - he's bound to drop some aweful gaff... Vote for Boris! I can't wait

Liz Hinds said...

Furtheron, I thought it was a joke when they said Boris was standing for Mayor. But they're serious, aren't they?