Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Don't pray for me, Margentina

Ruby in Zac's told me that, yesterday, she'd offered to pray with someone in work who'd obviously been upset and she'd had a really good response. I was reminded of a similar thing that happened to me some years ago.

A woman was telling us that her father was seriously ill and that she was very worried. I offered to pray for her. She was a leading light in the local Anglican church so I wasn't stepping much out of my comfort zone to do this, you understand. She said she'd be pleased if I would. So I said, 'Okay, let's do it then.' At which point she realised I meant there and then, burst into tears and ran away.

It's a knack I have.

2 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

URK! A talent indeed!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Poor woman was probably just overwhelmed that someone was so kind, I would guess.