Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Respect!

Son-in-law was one of about 5,000 cyclists who took part in a mass ride along the Tour de France route on Sunday. (The Tour de France this year starts in London. It's the first step by the French to surreptitiously conquer England.)

The 120-mile route went from Greenwich, London, to Canterbury, Kent.

Out of those 5,000 cyclists, Son-in-law had the 56th fastest time, only 22 minutes slower than the fastest.

As someone whose hips ache if she rides a bike more than a mile, I am full of awe. Well done, S-i-l. We're proud of you.

3 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I've never managed to get on a bike, let alone ride one so well done s-i-l. As long as they leave Wales alone!

Anna said...

The pros are cycling the same stage on Sunday (8th). S-i-l says they will be horrified by the road conditions! In France they re-tarmac poor stretches specially for the Tour. Not sure it will be coming back to England next year... :-(

Mauigirl said...

Congrats to son-in-law!

I a an awful bike rider - I have no confidence. Even when I was a kid I was bad at it - I'm the only one I know who managed to tip over while still having the "training wheels" on my two-wheel bike. I scraped both knees and both elbows!