Monday, July 02, 2007

Bulls

For the sake of loyal readers I felt compelled to sample a number of cream teas while on holiday just so I could report back to you. And the winner is: Crabtree & Evelyn's teashop in Stratford. Followed very closely by Sylvia's tea-shop in Ambleside.

Both provided home-made scones and a choice of home-made jam along with a proper pot of tea. What edged C&E into the lead was the dollop of extra thick cream (not clotted but next best thing).

The other thing I forgot to mention was that I had my first Indian head massage in one of the hotel spas. It was good - relaxing and enjoyable - if over too quickly, but not as phwoaring as my orgasmatron.

And now something completely different.

While cleaning the toilet floor, I started singing to myself, 'Little White Bull,' and for the life of me I can't think how the little white bull came 'trotting right behind them,', when 'only black bulls fight'. A case for Google I think.
xx

4 comments:

Mauigirl said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely holiday with us. My husband I traveled around the Lake District and Chester back in the 1980's and it was lovely. It seems to still be that way!

Mauigirl said...

Ooops, that was to be "my husband AND I"!

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, mauigirl, it was lovely and even though it's fairly high season, it wasn't that crowded. Very empty in places!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, cream teas - I am homesick now!